Higher Than I Farm (HTI) Seeking Barn Manager to Run Barn Operations and Manage Staff. HTI is located in Plainville, Massachusetts. Duties associated with this role will encompass a broad range of activities pertaining to equine care and barn operations. The ideal candidate will have robust equine experience, be able to work independently to anticipate and execute all aspects of barn management, interact positively with barn staff and clients, have strong organizational skills, and confidently teach, direct, and oversee barn staff.
• Manage barn staff, including training and oversight of barn help.
• Maintain the barn, including: some direct engagement and oversight with stall cleaning, paddocks, sweeping, etc.
• Equine first aid
• Assist with farrier/vet/tacking
• Assist with lesson transitions (helping students lead, groom, tack and untack horses)
• Support and supervise barn staff and volunteers
• Maintain operations (barn and related activities) when Director is away
• 30-35 hours per week
• AM Start: 6AM
• Split Shift Availability a plus
• Some weekend coverage required
Salary: $30,000-$35,000 and health insurance stipend
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to HigherThanIFarm@yahoo.com.
Note: HTI is located in Plainville, Massachusetts. There is no relocation stipend or housing available.
Required experience includes:
• Knowledgeable about equine care and basic first aid
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Reliable, conscientious, high energy and meticulous
• Program design and implementation experience preferred
Required Key Skills
• Riding/Training opportunities (to the right candidate)
• Growth potential as our program offerings expand
Higher Than I Farm is a close-knit community located in Plainville, Massachusetts. HTI offers horse boarding, horse training, rider training in a supportive environment. The farm hoses ~22 horses and has an indoor and outdoor riding ring as well as access to a track and outdoor (grass) dressage ring.