Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Barn Staff.
The individual in this position will be accountable for:
· Contributing to the maintenance, health, and proper care of school and boarder horses
· Feeding, watering, mucking, turning out and providing proper care of horses
· Assisting with Equestrian Center facilities and grounds maintenance and upkeep to ensure a clean and safe environment
· Assisting with veterinary visits. as needed
· Assisting students with tacking, as needed
· Assisting with longeing, as needed
· Dragging rings, as needed
· Operating dump truck, as needed
· Completing additional duties assigned by the Director and Barn Manager
Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work independently with a demonstrated eagerness to understand all aspects of the mechanical and operational matters of the barn. Physical requirements include an ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, as well as an ability to lift, carry, and move 50 pounds repeatedly. Candidates must read, speak and understand English, as well as have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and an ability to drive a dump truck and tractor.
This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of the Karen Stives ’68 Equestrian Center. Days and hours will vary.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.
Vacation, personal and sick time is offered for full time employees in addition to health and dental benefits.