The primary function of this position is to care for horses/ponies of the Fairfield County Hunt Club both home and at away shows.
Summary of essential job functions
• Care for animals in a professional and efficient manner.
• Water and feed horses according to feeding instructions.
• Wash, brush and trim horses’ coats to clean and improve their appearance.
• Inspect for and treat illnesses and injuries as directed.
• Clean tack.
• Provide professional service to members at all times.
• Work as a team with all employees of the club, maintain confidentiality of club business, and report to work as scheduled.
• Adhere to club safety practices.
• During FCHC Horse Shows and at Away shows which occur every month in a calendar year you will have additional job duties on those days as instructed by the Barn Manager and or the Trainers for getting horses ready to show.
No specific education requirements for this position. Experience working with horses preferred but will train qualified individual.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, ability to perform physical duties required to work directly with horses / ponies. Ability to work overtime as required.
We are a country club that has 6 barns, an indoor viewing area, an outdoor ring, clubhouse, pool and tennis courts. We hold horse shows on property all year long. Our staff gives riding lessons and training all year long.