Duties & Responsibilities :
Feeding of all animals on site according to feed charts
Mucking out stalls and paddocks
Handling of animals, including haltering and walking
Checking and cleaning all automatic waterers, and giving fresh water to animals that do not have automatic watering systems
Empty all garbage and manure buckets around barn
Other general cleaning/maintenance/organizing
Recognize Animal behaviors and alert management to any changes in behavior or health
Communicate with guests about animals during farm visits
Operate various pieces of farm equipment - training will be given
Report any issues to Manager
Answer guests’ questions about the farm and our animals
Interacting with guests during farm visits
Job Type: Part Time (This position does have the potential to move up within the company.)
● High school or equivalent (Preferred)
● Driver's License (Required)
● Detail Oriented
● Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent interpersonal skills, as they interact
professionally with visitors, managers, and employees on a regular basis.
● Mechanically inclined: Skill with basic tools and equipment.
● Physical and mental stamina: May need to assist in lifting up to 75 pounds, fixing, or
manipulating heavy equipment or machinery. May need to assist animals that are sick or
injured which may need manipulating into a particular position. Must be prepared to
work outdoors in extreme temperatures and varying weather conditions.
● Animal Knowledge: Must possess a foundation of basic animal knowledge. Medical
treatments, animal nutritional needs, and animal behavioral management techniques
not required, but preferred. Must be willing to become familiar with the breeds of
animals under their care, as each breed comes with its own specific quirks and history.